|The Arundel Castle Cricket ground is a 3.5 acre amphitheatre built in 1895 by the 15th Duke of Norfolk. His son Bernard, the 16th duke, carried on the tradition and arranged cricket for players from all levels of the sport. In 1975, after Duke Bernard's death, his widow Lavinia, Duchess of Norfolk, encouraged by family and friends, decided to keep cricket going at Arundel Castle and for this purpose the Friends of Arundel Castle Cricket Club (F.A.C.C.C.) was formed. The Ground is generally acknowledged to be one of the most beautiful anywhere in the world and provides a lovely setting for players and spectators alike. |
In 1986 the charitable arm, the Arundel Castle Cricket Foundation was formed, and in 1989, through the great generosity of the late Sir Paul Getty, building work began on an Indoor Cricket School at the Arundel Castle ground. This was completed in 1990 and formally opened on August 2nd 1991 by H.R.H. The Prince of Wales. Since then many hundreds of youngsters have benefitted from the outstanding facilities.
1895 – Ground built by 15th Duke of Norfolk.
1975 – Friends of Arundel Castle Cricket Club formed.
1986 – Arundel Castle Cricket Foundation formed.
1991 – H.R.H. The Prince of Wales opens Indoor Cricket School.
2003 – FACCC launch website.
2012 – FACCC becomes a Limited Company.
2013 – FACCC update website.
|Return to main Club page|